- This event has passed.
Furniture & Cabinet Refinishing 101
September 11, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm UTC+0$100.00
Do you have a small piece of furniture that is in need of some TLC?
Are you curious about chalk paint.
I demonstrated 12 different brands of this famous type of paint that people now just refer to as “chalk paint”… I never wanted to commit to one as a distributor or retailer because it’s like working for Coke and not being allowed to drink Dr. Pepper. Uh. No. I like them both, so I just never committed, until 5 years into my journey as a crafty business owner that taught chalk paint workshops for years, I never actually sold a brand. I was a brand ambassador, and their were types I like better than others, but I never would commit, until I found Bungalow 47. Just wait. You will be sold, too because your pieces is going to look darling when you are done!
Let me show you how to use chalk paint to refinish a piece of furniture in one short afternoon at the Bungalow.
- Learn why chalk paint requires zero prep, sanding or stripping before applying
- Learn why chalk paint is so great
- Learn why chalk paint costs $34.95 for a quart. What’s that all about?
- Learn why all chalk paints are definitely NOT created equal.
- Learn secret tips and tricks to make your piece look like a pro did it.
- Learn the difference between antiquing and distressing.
- Learn how to distress properly (with a baby wipe OR sandpaper. Yep. I said baby wipe.)
- Learn how to layer paints.
- Learn how to dry brush
- Learn how to apply clear and dark wax and why you should NEVER EVER use wax on a table top or any cabinets what-so-ever.
- Learn how and why and when you should use POLY ACRYLIC over using wax.
- Learn why Bungalow 47 chalk paint is in my EXPERT opinion is hands down the best of them all.